Is HR on Your Growth Team?
Growth in revenue and profitability is always king in business! Though not considered a front-line function, Human Resources is part of the “A” team in making growth happen!
Human Resource managers are critically important to realizing a company’s growth strategy, especially in building an organization capable of being value-add resources for their customers.
Growth is directly affected by excellence in customer experience and customer service. HR is an integral part of integrating that spirit of customer-focused excellence into the company’s core values and culture!
5 Ways HR Managers Can Directly Impact the Bottom Line:
- ensuring the company’s core values are aligned with the customer and defined in such a way that is modeled and actionable for employees
- defining job descriptions and hiring the type of employees that are customer zealots
- planning leadership development programs that are aligned with a customer focused DNA
- helping to facilitate and lead organizational change so that employees feel a part of reaching the company’s ‘customer value’ vision
- build a more productive and effective ‘growth producing’ employee base.
Without HR’s support and leadership in the effort, the organization is not positioned for long-term success, especially in this tough economic environment. They are a critical component in enabling growth.
Use these 5 points to evaluate your own company.
Is HR on your Growth Team?
Check out Zappos for more on how core values and customer focus breed success!
human resource management, growth, lean six sigma, process improvement, employee engagement, customer experience, customer service, customer relationship management, net promoter score